We hope everyone enjoyed the theatrics of this past costume season but if you're not into that sort of thing there's no love lost here :)
This weeks tip is going to touch on a major issue that a lot of people deal with that isn't as widely spoken about as some others. We're talking about Anxiety and Stress. Most of us have heard the phrase "Stress the silent Killer" and haven't thought about it TOO much but Anxiety isn't as widely spoken about.
Studies have shown that 275 million people battle Anxiety disorders which is a lot more than we'd expect.
We're going to give you a few ways to combat these two issues to help you improve and live the best life you possible can comfortably and happily.
- First thing you need to understand is that all the information in the world won't help you if you don't take ACTION so you must commit to change if you want to reap the rewards from it.
- You also must understand that consistency is the key. Denzel Washington said it best with this quote "Without Commitment, you'll never start, but more importantly, without consistency you'll never finish!"
- You must commit to yourself anywhere from 10-60 minutes a day towards self care and this journey to improve your life. It doesn't have to be completed in one shot, you could break it up into a morning and an evening routine if you must, but something is better than nothing and you must follow a routine.
- Meditation instead of Medication is recommended but (We're not medical professionals and you should always seek a professional medical professional for advice on medication.) focusing on your breathing and becoming aware of your body and surroundings will help you. In the case of an Anxiety attack you could even follow the 5 rule. Find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you and smell, and 1 thing you could taste. This technique will help you to gain control of your surroundings.
- Start your day with GRATITUDE, write down and acknowledge things that you are grateful for every morning and this will help set the tone for the rest of the day but it doesn't end there; at night right before you go to sleep, write down the BEST part of your day regardless if you have a "Bad day" or not.
- Sleep is such an important part of our overall health and mental wellness that we need to really work on making sure we're getting the recommended 8 hours. Set a goal to go to bed an hour earlier and wake up and hour earlier. Don't look at your phone right before bed and don't look at it first thing in the morning, it isn't necessary and you'll realize the difference and benefits the first week you begin this practice.
- Nutrition is guilty of causing stress and anxiety attacks as well, so here are a few things you should understand when making your nutritional choices. Caffeine has been proven to trigger panic or anxiety attacks due to the heart speeding up and sending stress signals to the brain, sugar and processed foods are also guilty of inflammation and causing such attacks.
- lastly we want to recommend consistent exercise to help improve your life, health and the reduction of anxiety and stress.
There are plenty other tips to help get down to the root causes of your stress or anxiety but for now this is a great overview to help realize benefits immediately.
Thanks for reading, please share with anyone that you feel may benefit and don't forget to subscribe to our email list to receive future tips in other areas of life improvement and personal happiness.